Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Poop

I feel a little bit crazed today - and I've gotta talk about it.

I've already vented to many of you over the phone, email, facebook, even this blog, about my neighbors' dog (now DOGS - have a boxer, and they just bought a doberman pinscher) pooping in our yard. Plug your ears of you're sick of me - I'm getting sick of myself over this!

We got the backyard fenced, and so, of course, no more poops in the backyard. Hooray! However, "fido" has not taken the hint and is still pooping in the small part of our yard in front of the fence gate. Oy. This is worse than the initial poopings in the side yard, because you can see them right from the driveway and they are closer to where the kids like to play. Our neighbors are very aware of our dislike of the poops, since from day one we have shoveled/flung the poop right back into their yard. One time we even made a neat little pile, and they talked to us about it, blaming it on their kids not watching where the does does his business. In my stalking, I have since learned that it is not just the kids' negligence.

I bought some Critter Ridder (granules) to try and keep the dog out - to no avail. I've found three poops since yesterday afternoon. This is making me absolutely crazy! I almost don't recognize the crazed insanity that has possessed me over getting rid of these poops! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I already deal with poop WAY more than I wish! My three-year-old is still refusing to be potty-trained!
After much googling (apparently this is a major problem with a lot of people everywhere), I've found and purchased this beast:

It was a good deal on Amazon (free shipping, honey!) and has many great reviews - and it had better work, for that dog's sake. Who knows what crazy will do to me if it doesn't!

13 comments:

Megan said...

DAH! I'd send T-bone over to their yard to do his business!!!! How obnoxious! I hope your new device works!

Emily said...

That would make me SO mad!!! And as a dog owner myself, I say they should be ashamed enough to do something about it! I would never let my dog poop in someone else's yard, and if it did happen once I would be so embarrased I would never let it happen again. It's sad that you have to spend money to stop it from happening, but I hope it works.

Emily said...

P.S. I love your playlist.

Sariah said...

Wow, just wow! I can't believe your neighbors attitude in this whole mess! Geez, I'm with Emily, I would be embarrassed the first time it happened.
I pray for everyone's sake the beast does its job! Good luck!

Deb said...

I love it and think you should attach a video camera to it too so we can be entertained as well!

Anne Marie said...

I can't believe how rude that is! I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. Hope this works.

lisa h. said...

honey, your issues are nothing compared to my neighbor issues...call me and chat and you will be happy you only have poop to deal with. Oh my, count your blessing, i wish i only had poop!

i'm sorry, i know it does make you unhappy. our dog goes potty in the same spot, so i don't know how easy it would be to change their dogs habit...at least you don't have a dennis the menace dragging a ladder against your 6ft privacy fence and peering over to watch what you do in your backyard and this happens more than once and the parents even know it and don't care....i kid you not....oh i got more - bring on the poop!

miss you!

Kirsten said...

HAHAHA!! I hope your new purchase gets him good! Keep us updated!!

CamilleJohnFam said...

I hope this works! That's infuriating!

Jon and Sarah said...

I can't wait to see it in action!

Greg said...

I am sorry you had to buy this, but for my own sake it makes me kind of excited--I had no idea such a devise existed & having tried everything from hair to coyote urine to netting to keep deer out of my garden I think I know what I want to invest in. (Maybe I'll get one for my tulips in the front yard, too & just turn it on at night when the deer usually come)
The possibilities are endless!

Heidi said...

What a cool contraption...but how uncool that YOU have to be the one to foot the bill for someone else's poop issue. Argh! My friend just had an experience with her neighbor....who was chain-sawing down the shared backyard fence! The neighbor is being forclosed on and wants to take everything and anything of value...and claimed the fence was half on their property, so was fair game. Not fun...but definitely not as stinky, messy, or annoying as never-ending poop.

LucindaF said...

I HATE dog poop! It's disgusting and the reason I do not have animals. Love the animals, can't stand the poop.

I think it's hilarious you made a nice neat pile.

I have other ideas of how to keep them off your lawn, but I can't write them down, PETA would put me on their hitlist!

Good luck!