**to see our holiday pics, double click on the pictures in the left-hand column.**
This was our first Christmas at home, and it was wonderful. We were so fortunate to have Peter's parents join us for the holiday. Our time together was mostly spent in the kitchen and playing games, with a few shopping trips on the side. Peter and I even got our first date (sans children) in nine months when we headed to the Plaza for our 5th anniversary. It was heaven on earth.
It was great to have Christmas at home and really try out some potential traditions for our little family. Mostly, we meshed what we loved most about our family traditions growing up. Christmas Eve was the traditional Stewart Norwegian Ribs dinner, all dressed up at a beautifully set table. Afterward, we read Luke 2, watched The Nativity and sang Christmas carols, which was traditional in both families. Then the boys opened up their Christmas Eve pj's, we read "Twas the Night Before Christmas," and we left out cookies, carrots, milk & a letter for Santa following Brown family tradition. It was just how I dreamed it would be!
Christmas day was all fun as Parker arose to find that Santa had left him a road and a plethora of "Cars" cars. It was the best to see his excitement. After stockings and Santa gifts, we had a phone call from Uncle Brian on his mission and then enjoyed a late brunch. The presents under the tree followed and it was close to five o'clock before we finished!
For New Year's, we headed up to Iowa to visit Peter's brother and family, who had just moved there from Queens. Peter and I snuck in a temple session at Winter Quarters, which was so great. We had a great time at Daniel & Katie's, playing more games, eating more food and seeing their new home & town. The best part, I think, was seeing how much fun Parker had with his cousins. It snowed while we were up there, and we all had a blast playing in it in the huge backyard.
January promises to be crazy! Peter is gearing up for seven more interviews this month and I am gearing up for single parenthood! We are sneaking a trip up to Washington this week, however, with Peter having interviews in Portland and Spokane. It will be fun to see more family.
11 comments:
LOVE the pictures from your holiday! I'm glad that you were able to spend it at your own house too! We started doing that a few years ago and enjoyed it so much we just make others come and visit with us now! Envious of all the snow you got to have fun it with the kids too! We are off to Utah for some snow fun this week. Bummer you are off to Washington, as the "northern" route we go would have put us really close to you. It would have been fun to see you again. Although, I wish I were going to Washington again too! Have fun! Oh, and Michelle, you look fantastic! Just like the hot mama I always knew you as!
Looks like it was a fantastic Christmas! I love your boys in their matching pjs and church outfits. You always find the cutest clothes for them! Good luck on the single parenthood this month! Call me if you're going to lose your marbles. Matt's having lots of interviews too, but they're all on campus so far, so that's a beautiful thing. What did Santa bring you this year??
Michelle, I love the pictures! You look fantastic. And your kiddos are so cute. They've grown up so much. I love the matching pj's and Christmas outfits. We miss you! Good luck with Peter being out of town. It totally stinks to have your hubby gone. Feel free to vent on your blog. It totally helps to send the thoughts out into the cyberworld. Love you!
sounds like you guys had a nice holiday - your pictures are great, your fam is adorable! we missed ya at the lmp reunion :( have fun in washington, hope it doesn't rain for you guys!
Your pictures are so fun! I love the matching pj's and church cloths. I wish Kansas would get snow like that just once or twice, not the ice storm junk.
Enjoyed looking at your holiday pics. I love starting new traditions for Christmas too. It sounds like you had a really good time over the holidays though. I hope that you and your family have a really wonderful 2007!
Your Christmas sounds wonderful! The pictures were great too - I too love their adorable outfits! (I'm guessing children's place?! - isn't it fun to dress two boys?!)
Good luck this month - don't let the January blues get you too bad!
Great KU quilt!
Those pictures are adorable. Gee, that trip to Iowa looks like it was so fun--you should go again! :)
Did you say you may be going to Portland or Spokane? Because that will make you considerably closer to me. Woohoo! Good luck. By the way, very beautiful pictures, your Parker is a knock-out like his mom.
We miss you! Darling pictures, and what a BEAUTIFUL tree you had! Now I know why you were so determined to keep it alive!
Post a Comment